How Do You Get Bed Bugs?
Whether your home is completely clean, messy, or cluttered, you can have bed bugs. Filth is not what draws these insects to interiors; it’s blood. The fluid is the primary thing that helps them to live. With this in mind, they occupy animal lands and public places to access flesh. Examples include fields, offices, schools, hotels, and airports. You probably won’t notice it, but the creepy crawlers will sit in your clothes and personal bags. That is how they get inside residences. Next, they’ll move to:
- Wood Trim
Take action if you have bites, see stains or smell odors. These are indicators of a bed bug infestation. After they munch on you, a patchy collection of welts will be on your legs, arms, neck, and face. It will strongly resemble a rash. As these insects walkabout, they’ll release blood drops and make reddish-brown smudges on fabrics and surfaces. They’ll also let out powdery black or brown feces in these places. Musty smells will develop too.
The kinds of bed bugs that are usually in homes are reddish-brown with rounded bodies. Their tails are profoundly larger than their heads. The only part that isn’t circular is their midsection, which is an offbeat shape. These 0.25 of an inch long pests have two antennas and six legs. When they procreate, they foster pearly white eggs and translucent young.
What Are Ways to Prevent Bed Bugs?
When you’re in public settings:
- Don’t put your personal items on the ground or floor.
- Be relocated to another hotel room far away if you see bed bugs in the unit you’re currently in. and contact maintenance immediately.
- Get a plastic bag or a protective cover to shield your luggage.
- Wash your travel clothes in hot water, and dry them with high heat for at least 20 minutes.
At your home, you’ll need to do the following:
- Inspect your mattress seams, head and footboards, and box springs with a flashlight. Further, peek under the beds.
- Check out your laundry, bags and purses, furniture, and drawers.
- Look over second-hand objects, like furniture, appliances, and electronics for infestation signs.
How Will Pest Ref Services Exterminate Bed Bugs?
Unless you want to waste time and money, don’t try “do it yourself” tricks or commercial products to eliminate bed bugs. These options aren’t worth the cost or potential dangers because they aren’t effective. Any results they provide will be short-term and won’t resolve an infestation. Relying on us at Pest Ref Services is a much better choice. We have industrial strength liquid treatments that will be safe for you, your loved ones, and your pets. Our trained technicians have the equipment and skills to perform a thorough examination and find all eggs and insects. Our bed bug control services come with a guarantee and follow-ups. Call us today at Pest Ref Services for a free inspection!