Should I Invest In Professional Ant Control In Eustis?
June 15, 2022 - Ants
Ants don't seem like threatening pests, but they can cause many problems in your Eustis home, and some ants are more dangerous than you'd expect. Most types of ants are nuisance pests that only cause minor inconveniences, but there are a few that spread diseases, inflict structural damage, and aggressively defend their territory. We'll explain why effective ant control is always worth the investment.
Signs Of An Ant Infestation
The biggest problem with common household pests is their elusive tendencies, but thankfully, ants aren't discreet invaders. While some are more likely to forage at night, most ant colonies are active during the day, which means you'll see them marching around your Eustis home:
- Scout ants – one or two ants wandering around in search of food.
- A trail of ants – when scout ants successfully find a food source, worker ants follow the pheromone trail.
- Piles of sawdust – this is the most common sign of carpenter ants.
- Piles of dirt – some ants will bring loose soil into homes to build their nests.
- Anthills around your home's foundation – most ants will nest outside while pillaging your pantry.
- Clicking sounds in the walls of your home – carpenter ants build nests in dead wood, so you'll be able to hear activity on occasion.
- Electrical issues – red imported fire ants will build nests in electrical boxes and chew through cords.
While these are all common signs of ants, some evidence like sawdust and clicking sounds also indicate termites, and electrical issues could be from rodents. You can depend on your local Eustis pest control technician to identify ants from other household pests.
What To Expect From Professional Ant Control
At Pest Ref Services, we offer extensive step-by-step treatment plans for ant control in Eustis. Here's what you can expect with our ant control services:
- Identification. Each species requires different extermination methods, so we'll thoroughly inspect your property to find the nest and identify the problem ants.
- Treatment. Once we know the species and location of the nest, we'll get to work on treating your property. We focus on sealing up entry points, eliminating access to food, and applying pesticides and barrier repellent to prevent re-infestation.
- Follow-up. Our ant control treatment plan comes with a 30-day guarantee, so if ants re-infest your property within those 30 days, we'll return and re-treat at no additional cost.
Ants are persistent pests that are difficult to control without assistance. If you need to get rid of ants on your property, then contact our office today to learn more about our services.
How To Prevent Ant Re-Infestation
At-home prevention is an essential step in preventing re-infestation, so there are plenty of things you can do on your own to repel ants. Improper food and trash storage is the most common culprit for luring ants into residential buildings, so seal your pantry food in airtight containers and add tight-fitting lids to your trash cans. Sweep, mop, and vacuum regularly to reduce the number of food particles on your floors, and wipe down counters and eating areas daily. These extra precautions paired with professional pest control will keep your home safe and secure from ants.
Let Pest Ref Services Help With Your Ant Problem
Your Eustis home should be your oasis, but there's nothing relaxing about an active ant problem. Ants are difficult to control if you don't have the proper training, and store-bought products will worsen an infestation. At Pest Ref Services, we use the highest quality eco-friendly pest control products on the market, take supplemental training classes to stay up-to-date on the latest methods, and keep our prices affordable for any budget. Our pest-free guarantee ensures that your home stays protected, so you don't have to settle for mediocre services. Reach out today to schedule your free inspection.
Pest Ref was very professional when I sent a message regarding a quote. The quick response and timely scheduling made me a satisfied customer. Thank you, Pest Ref. A++